Prevention is better than Cure
Dr. Chetan Mahajan, Nephrologist in Pathankot, tells about various ways to prevent your vital kidneys from getting damage and what we can do keep them safe so that they can be kept healthy for longer time.
Kidney disorder can be avoided by :-
- Always maintain body weight average and prevent obesity.
- Correct eating habits, lower salt and sugar and lower unhealthy fats. Use mustard oil and sunflower oil.
- Regular workout e.g. fast walking, aerobic exercises.
- Quit Smoking.
- Regular medical check-ups every 6 months or after one year.
Methods to Examine Kidney Health :-
Blood and urine examinations can reveal us how well someone’s kidneys are functioning.
Your nephrologist in Pathankot might choose to do blood and urine tests if you are at risk for renal failure or renal disease. For people who have begun dialysis to substitute the functionality of their kidneys, these tests allow doctors know how well dialysis is performing.
The test is done with early morning sample to detect presence of proteins or active sediments (FBC, WBC etc). There are other urine tests to ascertain the cause of kidney damage.
Your blood (serum) may be tested for a number of things including:
Creatinine is a waste item of muscle activity. The kidneys usually remove this waste product. Blood (serum) levels of creatinine are the most usual numbers used by best nephrologist in Pathankot to identify kidney performance.
When the kidneys are not functioning well, dialysis helps to remove extra creatinine from blood. Dialysis is normally begun when creatinine clearance declines to less than 10 milliliters per minute /1.73m2 BSA.
Where to begin?
Meet your physician frequently. If your kidney specialist in Pathankot detects that you have risk factors (diabetes mellitus, urinary tract infection) or are displaying symptoms of kidney disease, the doctor will advise a few blood and urine tests. The primary focus should be to slow the deterioration in kidney disease and to delay dialysis. First, your physician will need to identify the reason, and then determine if the problem is reversible or not. If the cause is diabetes or hypertension, your physician will assist you in better control of sugar and blood pressure. Life style modification will help in reducing the risk factors that lead to progression of pre-existing kidney disease.
Different approaches for managing your kidney health consist of
- Meeting your physician regularly
- Follow your physician’s guidance
- Managing good blood glucose, if you are diabetic
- Follow your physician’s advice to manage your blood pressure level if you have high blood pressure
- Knowing about signs of kidney disease
- Taking recommended medicine only
- Taking nutritional supplements or vitamins only with the approval of your doctor
- Positive attitude of life
For an individual with initial kidney disease, using these tips may help delay kidney failure.
Dr. Chetan Mahajan is a famous Kidney Specialist in Pathankot who treat all kidney related problems.